Monday 12 May 2014

Will.i.am 'Kicked Out Of First Class Lounge'

Black Eyed Peas star will.i.am has criticised an airline which allegedly kicked him out of a first class airport lounge.

He posted several tweets hitting out at United Airlines after allegedly being told to leave because staff thought his membership card was fake.

The singer, whose real name is William Adams, called the company "the worse (sic)", adding it "should know who (its) customers are".

He also posted a picture of the Global First Lounge sign as he waited outside.

It is not known at which airport the incident happened, although later in the day will.i.am indicated he was visiting singer Diddy in Washington.
Writing on Twitter, he said: "#unitedairlines is the worse. I'm a member and I have my card to prove it. But they tell me my card is fake and kick me out the lounge. #ouch."

The Voice coach added: "Ha ha ha, I got kick(ed) out the club ... #unitedclubsucks."

Another tweet, accompanied with a photo of a chair at the airport, read: "I fly so much ... a business should know who (its) customers are. It's OK, I'm making this my lounge."

Will.i.am also revealed the pilot on his flight asked for a "selfie" picture.

He said: "I get kicked out of the @united lounge because they say I'm not a member ... oh well ... and then the @united pilot asks me to take a selfie."

In response, the airline released a statement.

It said: "We invite only customers travelling in United Global First, customers with Global Services status travelling in United BusinessFirst, and customers travelling in first class on other Star Alliance carriers to visit our Global First Lounges.

"Since the customer did not meet these criteria he did not have access to the lounge.  We are reaching out to the customer and appreciate his business."

Follow Me On Twitter & Instagram: @effiongeton

No comments:

Post a Comment